Ask a Question
Police and Fire
Industry & Business
Sport & Leisure
All Saints' Anglican Church, Northcote
In 1857, a committee was formed to discuss the construction of an Anglican church in Northcote. They held...
All Saints' Anglican Church, Preston
The first Anglican church in Preston was built in 1865 on the corner of Tyler Street and Plenty Road. When...
Alphington Uniting Church
The first land sales in Alphington were in 1840 when Charles Roemer purchased Lot 120 and Thomas Willis Lot...
Church of Christ, Preston
The Church of Christ held their first services in 1902. In 1903 land was bought in High Street for a church....
Church of the Epiphany Anglican Church, Northcote
In 1920 the founders of the Epiphany parish bought the old Rucker mansion on the corner of Bayview and High...
Fairfield Baptist Church
Fairfield Baptist Church was the first Baptist church in Victoria and it was built in one day!Initial efforts...
Holy Spirit Catholic Church, Thornbury
Holy Spirit Parish is located at 248 Raleigh Street Thornbury. The building was completed in 1951 and was...
Holy Trinity Anglican Church, Thornbury
The first minuted meeting of the Holy Trinity congreation was held on 7th March 1887. From 1887 to 1907 the...
I'm now talking with Joan Clinnick of Reservoir. Joan has lived all of her life in Reservoir and in fact...
Methodist Church and Sunday School, Fairfield
In 1887 Fairfield was still largely unpopulated when the Wesleyan Church (laterMethodist) in Gilles Street...
Northcote Baptist Church
The Northcote Baptist church first held services on July 8, 1905 in the Friendly Societies' Hall in Wimble...
Presbyterian Church and Hall, Northcote
In 1876, Northcote Presbyterian community received Government land near the corner of Cunningham and High...
Preston Uniting Church
The Preston United Church - formerly Methodist - at the corner of High Street and Tyler Street, Preston was...
Prince of Wales Park Wesleyan Church, Thornbury
The history of Prince of Wales Park church began on July 4th, 1891 at a meeting held to discuss the building...
Regent Baptist Church
For many years, early settlers of the Baptists denomination worshiped in a hall on High Street (near Percival...
Reverend Caleb and Elanor Booth
Caleb Booth was born on 18 September 1820 in the English parish of Kingsclere, Hampshire to William and...
Reverend Samuel Hector Ferguson
In 1893 the Reverend Samuel Hector Ferguson and his wife Myra arrived in Northcote to replace Duncan Fraser...
Sacred Heart Catholic Church, Preston
Sacred Heart was Preston's first Catholic Church, built in 1889 in Bell Street. Archbishop Carr officiated at...
Samuel Dennis (1869-1945) followed his father William into the Northcote Council in 1909, a position he held...
South Preston Methodist Church
The South Preston Methodists built a church in High Street which served them until 1879 when a new one was...
St. Cecelia's Anglican Church, West Preston
St Cecelia's Church of England was built in Kendall Street on the Oakover Estate. It was dedicated by the...
St. Joseph's Catholic Church, Northcote
The first Northcote Catholic Church services were held in 1891 in a small wooden church in Arthurton Road.In...
St. Mark's Church of England, Reservoir West
The first services for St. Mark's Church of England in Reservoir West were held on April 13, 1930. A meeting...
St. Paul's Anglican Church
St Paul's Anglican Church was established on 9 August 1885 at the corner of Station Street and Railway...
Wesleyan Methodist Church, Northcote
The first Wesleyan Methodist Church and school was built around1854, and for three decades it was Northcote's...
West Preston Baptist Church
The West Preston Baptist Church is built on land purchased at the corner of Gilbert Road and Cramer Street...
Copyright and Disclaimer