The Chandler Highway links Alphington to Kew across the old Outer Circle Bridge.
This short stretch of road is named after a prominent local businessman and politician A. E. Chandler, who was instrumental in pushing through the development of the Outer Circle Railway.
The railway line was closed in 1927 and converted to road traffic in 1930.
Butler, Graeme (1982). City of Northcote urban conservation study. Alphington: City Of Northcote.
City of Northcote Valuers Department. (1994). Street Name Changes, Northcote: City of Northcote.