The first resident of Edwardes Street Reservoir was Miss Heather Dumas who was listed as living there in 1893. At that stage the street was known as Edwards Street Preston and would remain so until after the First World War.
Later the property was taken over by John McDougall. In 1905 the property was listed under Mrs McDougall with the surrounding area listed as paddocks. In was not until 1907 when Thomas Breeze moved into the street that it gained its second resident. It took another seven years for it to gain its third when Thomas Hutton built a house at 97 Edwardes Street. He was to remain there until 1956/7.
Sands and McDougall’s Melbourne and Suburban Directory 1864- 1974.[Microfiche]. (1974). Melbourne,Australia:Sands & McDougall