The Reservoir Hotel was opened in 1962 with K. A. Howard as the first publican. The area was industrial and the hotel no doubt intended to draw upon local workers for its trade. Within a four years of its construction, the liquor laws changed in Victoria and this freed up the Reservoir Hotel to reach a new room clientele.
During the early 1970s the hotel was remodelled to allow for the creation of a disco and bistro. The Reservoir Hotel became a popular night attraction for the northern suburbs.
The hotel has had several names changes including Edwardes Lake Hotel and now Zagames Reservoir Hotel.
Edge, Gary (2004). Surviving the six o’clock swill: a history of Darebin’s hotels. Melbourne: Darebin Libraries.
Sands and McDougall’s Melbourne and Suburban Directory 1864- 1974. [Microfiche]. (1974). Melbourne, Australia: Sands & McDougall.