Westbourne Grove was created with the subdivision of William Rucker's estate on Rucker's Hill. The Union Bank created a number of roads across the former estate including Westbourne Grove, Hawthorn Road, Bastings Street and Mitchell Streets.
The land in Westbourne Grove was further subdivided in 1884 with the creation of the Bellevue Park Estate. Westbourne Grove became a popular address with local business people including timber merchant Alex Munro who lived at No. 92 Westbourne Grove and Catherine Oliver, a well known abbattoir owner at No. 95.
Lemon, Andrew (1983). The Northcote Side of the River. North Melbourne: Hargreen.
Darebin Libraries. Local History File: Land sales.
Ward, Andrew (2001). Darebin Heritage Review 2000. Burwood, Vic: City Of Darebin.