Turret House on the south side of Westbourne Grove in Northcote was built around 1854 by Norman Guthridge, a Melbourne businessman. It was sold on to Leonard Robinson, a Melbourne draper, whose widow lived there until 1886.
Turret House has since been demolished. This photograph was taken c1880s.
Lemon, Andrew (1983). The Northcote Side of the River. North Melbourne: Hargreen.
Swift, William George (1928). The history of Northcote: From its first settlement to a city. Northcote, Vic: Leader Publishing.