Mr. Thomas T. A’Beckett was a wealthy Melbourne solicitor who, in 1852 was nominated to the legislative council. The next year he purchased the Rucker’s Hill mansion from Robert Jacomb. He only owned the property until March 1855 when he sold it to Hugh Childers. It is not known if A’Beckett lived in the Rucker’s Hill mansion.
Lemon, Andrew. (1983) Northcote Side of the River. North Melbourne: Hargreen.