The "Tower House" - originally called "The Nook" - at 25 Alphington Street, Alphington, was built in 1893 for Elizabeth and Richard Heron. The house was bought in 1913 by the Alphington Presbyterian minister, Rev. George M. Connor, whose previous home in Heidelberg Road had been burnt down along with his church.
The Connors lived there for over 60 years until the surviving Connor daughters was sold it in 1988
This is not to be confused with "Barunah", also known as the Tower House, in Thornbury.
Butler, Graeme (1982). City of Northcote urban conservation study. Alphington: City Of Northcote.