"Rosebank" at 59 Austin Street, Fairfield, was built in 1885 by Samuel Nathan who was a successful furniture dealer.
By 1915 it had become St. Anthony's Catholic Church Presbytery and the building maintains many of the original features, including its unusual conservatory.
The adjacent St. Anthony's schoolyard retains the aspect of the house's grounds.
Butler, Graeme (1982). City of Northcote urban conservation study. Alphington: City Of Northcote.
Lemon, Andrew (1983). The Northcote Side of the River. North Melbourne: Hargreen.
OUR PROUD PAST. (1982, January 13). Northcote Leader (Northcote, Vic. : 1882 - ).