"Olinda", at 15 Prospect Grove, Northcote, was built in 1888. The house is made of solid brick on bluestone foundations and is situated high on "Northcote Hill" with views of the Dandenongs, and retains many original features - marble fireplaces, cornices, ceiling roses, and fretted arch.
It was built by William G. Swift - the town clerk of Northcote at the time - on 2 allotments bought in 1885.These allotments were originally part of the Fairfield Hill Estate.
It was auctioned on May 12, 1990 and sold for $290,000.
Butler, Graeme (1982). City of Northcote urban conservation study. Alphington: City Of Northcote.