In 1922 S. K. Dixon established a flour manufacturing business in Eastman Street Northcote. By 1925 Dixon had branched out into vinegar manufacturing. It was clearly profitable as by the next year he had moved out of the flour business.
The business was taken over by the Skipping Girl company in 1958 and continued operating under the new owners for many more years afterwards.
Sands and McDougall’s Melbourne and Suburban Directory 1864- 1974. [Microfiche]. (1974). Melbourne, Australia: Sands & McDougall.