The original houses in Langwells Parade owe they existence to the brickworks at the eastern end of this small street. Around 1888 the Northcote Brickworks used second quality bricks from their foundary to build eight worker's cottages in the street.
At this time the brickworks were enjoying a boom and bought land on the north side of Langwells Parade to build a railway that would connect the brickworks with the Epping railway line. The railway line was later removed.
Lemon, Andrew (1983). The Northcote Side of the River. North Melbourne: Hargreen.