William Inglis was the founder of a well known timber and hardware store on the corner of Plenty Rd and Osborne Grove, Preston. Started in 1921, the store was the site of a former chemical factory. The company prospered and continued to grow, becoming a registered company in 1924.
After the death of Inglis in 1944, his son Stanley took over running of the company.
Preston Historical Society (1968). Brief biographies of prominent Preston People. Preston, Vic: Author.