The Sutton Tool and Gauge Company opened its factory on corner of Union and Plant Streets in 1917. The business proved successful and in 1926 it expanded. In the early 1930s it expanded yet again, moving to High Street Northcote.
It continued to operate there until the early 1970s when it became Kingfisher Industries shop fitters. The building is now residential units.
It made a wide range of machine tools including a wide variety of cutters, plumbing equipment, electrical fittings and brassfounders works.
City of Northcote (1933). Northcote Jubilee celebrations 1883 – 1933 : souvenir & official program. Northcote: Author.