In around 1863 Thomas King owned a bluestone building at 756-8 Heidelberg Road, Alphington. It was one of the first shops in Alphington and King operated a butchers business there. He established a slaughter yard next door and was to remain there until 1879. It remains one of the oldest surviving buildings in Darebin.
Butler, Graeme (1982). City of Northcote urban conservation study. Alphington: City Of Northcote.
Lemon, Andrew (1983). The Northcote Side of the River. North Melbourne: Hargreen.