Hugh Newell was one of a number of butchers who operated from 611 High Street Preston. He replaced the existing butcher, William Crowley in 1911 and was in turn replaced by the Dinwoodie Brothers in 1918.
After the First World War Newell lived at 59 Gower Street, Preston.
Sands and McDougall’s Melbourne and Suburban Directory 1864- 1974. [Microfiche]. (1974). Melbourne, Australia: Sands & McDougall.