George Clauscen moved into Northcote around 1885, purchasing the well known property 'Sunnyside' (Rucker's Mansion). An ex-Mayor of North Fitzroy, he served on the Northcote Council between 1890 and 1892.
Clauscen's greatest contribution to Northcote was the founding of the Clifton Hill to Northcote and Preston Tram Company in 1888.
Lemon, Andrew (1983). The Northcote Side of the River. North Melbourne: Hargreen.