The South Preston Methodists built a church in High Street which served them until 1879 when a new one was built across High Street. In 1889 this gave way to the new church in Yann Street, Preston.
Due to dwindling numbers the historic Yann Street Methodist church was passed to the Greek Orthodox Church at a combined Methodist-Greek Orthodox service on the 5th of February 1967. It is now the Orthodox church of Sts Cyril and Methodius.
Carroll, Brian & Rule, Ian (1985). Preston: an Illustrated History. Preston: City of Preston.
Forster, Harley W. (1968). Preston Lands and People. Melbourne: Cheshire.