In 1857, a committee was formed to discuss the construction of an Anglican church in Northcote. They held their meetings at the Peacock Hotel.
The meetings were productive and the foundation stones of All Saints' Church of England (Northcote) - situated at the corner of High and Walker Streets - were laid in January 1859 by the Governor Sir Henry Barkly. The church held services from August 1860.
Carroll, Brian & Rule, Ian (1985). Preston: an Illustrated History. Preston: City of Preston.