The first Anglican church in Preston was built in 1865 on the corner of Tyler Street and Plenty Road.
When it suffered declining services a new church, All Saints, was built on the corner of Murray Road and High Street laying its foundation stone in 1889. .
In April 1921 All Saints became a separate parish and in 1930, the original church was demolished and a new brick building built in its place.
Carroll, Brian & Rule, Ian (1985). Preston: an Illustrated History. Preston: City of Preston.