St Paul's Anglican Church was established on 9 August 1885 at the corner of Station Street and Railway Place. The present building on Station Street was built in 1916.
The church has been an integral part of the Fairfield community. It was responsible for starting the first school in Fairfield in 1885. That school was subsequently managed by the State government and went on to become Fairfield Primary School.
Cummins, Cyril (ed.) (1971). Heidelberg since 1836 : a pictorial history. Heidelberg: Heidelberg Historical Society