The first Chemist store in Northcote was established by a Mr. Turner who operated his business from a timber building on the corner of High Street and Separation Street, opposite what was then known as the Carters’ Arms Hotel.
In the 1850s Samuel Angior arrived in Northcote and took over the business from Turner. A postion he held for the next 50 years.
In 1860 he moved to new premises next door to Bastings store at 215 High Street Northcote where he operated the busness until 1898.
Sands and McDougall’s Melbourne and Suburban Directory 1864- 1974. [Microfiche]. (1974). Melbourne, Australia: Sands & McDougall.
Swift, William George (1928). The history of Northcote: From its first settlement to a city. Northcote, Vic: Leader Publishing.