Sands & McDougall Street Directory first lists a dairy being operated out of 16 Dundas Street Thornbury (then Northcote) in 1924. It was known as Craigie-lea dairy and was run by Robert W Horne. Some local residents remember, the last member of the family, Bobbie Horne, still delivering milk to the residents of Thornbury by horse and cart in 1979.
Sands and McDougall’s Melbourne and Suburban Directory 1864- 1974. [Microfiche]. (1974). Melbourne, Australia: Sands & McDougall.